As a new organisation from 1 July 2022, NHS Kent and Medway will confirm our priorities as part of initial discussions of the Board. Meetings of the Board will be held in public, find out more about observing our meetings in public.
Our focus will be linked to delivering on the four core purposes of integrated care systems:
- improving outcomes in population health and healthcare;
- tackling inequalities in outcomes, experience and access;
- enhancing productivity and value for money;
- supporting broader social and economic development.
The detail of how we will deliver against these will be set out in a five-year integrated care strategy to be developed with our partners and published in 2023. There will be a range of ways to get involved in shaping this strategy and our other work.
Working with our health and care partners to recover from the challenges of the pandemic remains a focus for us, including:
- reducing the number of people waiting for hospital treatment
- increasing capacity is diagnostic and treatment services
- supporting general practice manage very high demand